Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2009/12/02 13:07:51 UTC

Re: svn commit: r886027 - in /tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/modules/builder/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/builder/impl: ComponentBuilderImpl.java ComponentPolicyBuilderImpl.java CompositePolicyBuilderImpl.java

Hi Raymond

I think this change makes the policy processing much clearer. I have a
small aesthetic comment so feel free to ignore if you don't like
it....

As the component builder already loops explicitly over
services/references to calculate the configuration could be jump into
the ComponentPolicyBuilder at that point rather than diving into the
ComponentPolicyBuilder .configure() operation which loops over
services/references again?

Simon

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Ah, got you. This raises the interesting question about what we should
do with policy on these callback references and services. The policy
builder will come along and apply policy intents/sets from the
structural hierarchy. However should we also pick up policy
intents/set from the original reference/service?

Simon

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
I did that on purpose as I see the component builder code seems to add
callback references and services during the build. Another loop is needed to
capture these contracts, right?

Thanks,
Raymond