Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dave McGee <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/19 18:05:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache/Tomcat/mod_jk/Linux - Error 500 when trying to send a hessian request via load balancer to tomcat application

Hi all,

First post here so please be gentle, haha! I am working with an Apache /
Tomcat cluster / mod_jk / Linux setup:

- An Apache HTTP Server acting as a Load Balancer

- 2 Tomcat Servers (Node A and Node B)

- We have a Java/Grails application being hosted on each of the Tomcat
servers.

- We're migrating in behind a customer firewall and we're seeing issues
with the following application error when we try make our hessian request:

 com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianConnectionException: 500:
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL.

- We've been able to verify all firewalls and security packages are turned
off. We've also been able to verify there is an error in the load balancer
access log everytime this hessian call fails (/var/log/httpd/access_log) :

10.30.95.51 - - [19/Jun/2014:11:55:13 -0400] "POST
/Ticketer/hessian/RemoteTicketService HTTP/1.1" 500 8067 "-" "Java/1.6.0_30"

Does anyone have any tips on how I could troubleshoot this further, or has
anyone experienced something like this in the past?

Regards,
Dave

Re: [users@httpd] Apache/Tomcat/mod_jk/Linux - Error 500 when trying to send a hessian request via load balancer to tomcat application

Posted by Dave McGee <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your suggestions Frederik,

I grep'ed the load balancer files and wasn't able to find any usage of
use_server_errors.

Also, I performed a tcpdump as advised and I was able to get more
information on the hessian server error being returned. I haven't found the
cause yet but thanks for your help.

Posted by Frederik Nosi <fr...@postecom.it>.
Hi,