Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wolf, Markus, Triaton/DE" <Ma...@Triaton.com> on 2001/08/06 11:05:27 UTC

Tomcat 3.2.3: "method x used to be static" error

Hello,

I get an error message if I am changing a object method into a static
method; I deleted the subdirs of the work folder and restarted tomcat to
assure that changes take effect.

I am using Tomcat 3.2.3, Sun JDK 1.2.2 on Windows NT 4.0 SP5 english.

Error message:
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: <classname>: method
e(LS;Ljava/lang/String;)LC; used to be static
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java,
Compiled Code)

Root cause:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: <classname>: method
e(LS;Ljava/lang/String;)LC; used to be static
	at ...
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)

I did search the tomcat user archive, Google and Google groups, but did not
found anything useful.

	Thanks in advance and kind regards

Markus Wolf