Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Emi <em...@encs.concordia.ca> on 2018/02/28 16:55:09 UTC

About "Parameter Validation Filter"

Hello,

There is a topic about Parameter Validation Filter
(TrimTextValidationRule, FailIfNotCanonicalizedValidationRule,
FailIfContainsHTMLValidationRule) for servlet
(https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Parameter_Validation_Filter).

I just want to know that struts2.5.14.1 already have these kinds of
validation set by default and no need to add pvf.xml anymore, right?

Thanks a lot.

Re: About "Parameter Validation Filter"

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> Hello,
>
> There is a topic about Parameter Validation Filter (TrimTextValidationRule,
> FailIfNotCanonicalizedValidationRule, FailIfContainsHTMLValidationRule) for
> servlet (https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Parameter_Validation_Filter).
>
> I just want to know that struts2.5.14.1 already have these kinds of
> validation set by default and no need to add pvf.xml anymore, right?

No, I mean, Struts do not perform such validations automatically.

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/