Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2006/11/16 21:43:03 UTC

Can't get javadoc plugin to work for multimodule project

Hello,

I was trying to follow the javadoc instructions here:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/examples/aggregate.html
to generate Javadocs for my entire multimodule project.

If I execute mvn javadoc:javadoc inside one of my modules, it works fine.

However, if I execute mvn javadoc:javadoc in my root project
directory, it can't find the dependencies of my module.  I get a whole
bunch of "package does not exist" errors.

I've simplified things down to where my parent project contains only a
single module, and it still does not work when I try to generate the
javadocs from my parent project.  It's as if the javadoc plugin is
ignoring the dependencies declared in the module's POM.

Any ideas?

-Adam

Re: Can't get javadoc plugin to work for multimodule project

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I eventually did figure out my
problem after much suffering.  It looks to me like the javadoc plugin
has a bug where it gives very misleading error messages.  The source
of all my errors seems to have been an invalid package.html file
somewhere in one of my modules.  This apparently caused the javadoc
plugin to generate lots of bogus error messages about not being able
to find dependent classes.

I opened a JIRA issue: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-102.

-Adam

Posted by diroussel <na...@diroussel.xsmail.com>.