Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by maha <ma...@umail.ucsb.edu> on 2011/02/17 23:32:18 UTC

custom designed profiling

Hello,

  I'm wondering if there is a way similar to org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobProfile but goes further inside the job.

Example:

		Map () {
	  java.util.Date d = new Date();
	  dt.getTime();
	  Runtime.getRuntime().freeMemory();
	  Runtime. getRuntime().totalMemory();
		}

I want to find the time/memory used by a specific OBJECT or BLOCK of CODE.

I think it's possible to make mappers write those values into files ... but then I'm wasting time opening a file.

Is there a faster way to do that such as background loggers saving mappers output ??

Thank you,

Maha