Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2009/06/24 22:04:35 UTC

Document Artifacts - HOWTO?

I'm sure there is an accepted way of handling this problem, but I
haven't found it, yet.

I have a text document (release notes) that I need to include in my
assembly.  Right now, I just use a FileDependency tag in the
assembly.xml to go grab the document from its module.  The document
lives in its own module - trying to adhere to the one artifact per
module concept.  It seems to me that there's got to be a way that my
assembly.xml can simply include this "artifact" like it does other
artifacts that it depends on, and the module that the document lives in
should be able to produce such an artifact.

Any help?  Just a pointer to a page would be great!

Thanks,
Dave