Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bummer <je...@centrum.cz> on 2020/05/11 09:41:09 UTC

Artemis: Reconfiguring a divert

Hello.

I'm working on an automatized broker configuration in a way that it's
supposed to fully reflect the workflow. What I struggle with though is
reconfiguration of a divert. The source code of 2.12.0 states this:

This basically means that a divert will be deployed only if there's no
binding of that name yet. No signs of any attempt to reconfigure it.

Is that something that can be changed or worked around?

Re: Artemis: Reconfiguring a divert

Posted by Domenico Francesco Bruscino <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I raised a JIRA to address the atomic update of diverts:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2770

I'm working on it. Fell free to add further comments.

Regards,
Domenico

Posted by Bummer <je...@centrum.cz>.

Posted by Bummer <je...@centrum.cz>.
That's brilliant! Thank you. :-)

Re: Artemis: Reconfiguring a divert

Posted by brusdev <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I guess you don't want to leave the address without your divert for the time
you need to invoke `destroyDivert` and `createDivert` again. If that's the
case, you could execute the following steps:

1) create the new divert with a temporary name
2) destroy the old divert
3) create the new divert with the required name
4) destroy the new divert with a temporary name

Regards,
Domenico