Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> on 2010/06/04 17:58:11 UTC

[ApacheDS] maven-source-plugin and maven-jar-plugin

Hi dev,

the following POMs define the maven-source-plugin and create a source
jar during a local build:

apacheds/http-integration/pom.xml
apacheds/core-api/pom.xml
apacheds/protocol-shared/pom.xml
apacheds/xbean-spring/pom.xml
apacheds/core/pom.xml
apacheds/protocol-changepw/pom.xml
apacheds/syncrepl/pom.xml
apacheds/protocol-ntp/pom.xml
apacheds/core-jndi/pom.xml
apacheds/protocol-dns/pom.xml
apacheds/server-jndi/pom.xml
apacheds/kerberos-test/pom.xml
apacheds/ldif-partition/pom.xml
apacheds/jdbm-partition/pom.xml
apacheds/protocol-ldap/pom.xml
apacheds/interceptor-kerberos/pom.xml
apacheds/protocol-kerberos/pom.xml
apacheds/jdbm-store/pom.xml

Additional in project/pom.xml the maven-source-plugin is defined in two
profiles: release and full.

So the source jars are generated and deployed during the release, that
is required, so far so good.

My questions:

What is the "full" profile used for?

Can we remove the definiton of the maven-source-plugin from all the POMs
listed above? I think during the local build those are not requried.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [ApacheDS] maven-source-plugin and maven-jar-plugin

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
> I have absolutely no idea what it is used for.
> Looking at the SVN history, it has been introduced by David Djenks at
> revision 643768 [1] on April 2008.
> Personally, I've never used it and I thing it can be removed.
> Now, about the definiton of the maven-source-plugin from all the POMs you
> listed, I think it's important to let it even during the local build.
> It is actually required by the xbean-spring project to generate correct
> mapping file based on annotations found in sources.
> But, since we're not using anymore the server-xml file, I think we don't
> need spring and xbean-spring anymore...
> So, my understanding is that as soon as we get rid of the server-xml
> project, we would be able to remove the definition.

ahh, ok, Seelmann was about to delete this but I asked him to keep
this for some more days
but I think we should remove it right now so that we eliminate any
potential issues like this
if they are lurking behind based on these modules.
so I would say let us delete the xbean-spring and server-xml modules, wdot?

Kiran Ayyagari

Re: [ApacheDS] maven-source-plugin and maven-jar-plugin

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Stefan,

I have absolutely no idea what it is used for.

Looking at the SVN history, it has been introduced by David Djenks at revision 643768 [1] on April 2008.

Personally, I've never used it and I thing it can be removed.

Now, about the definiton of the maven-source-plugin from all the POMs you listed, I think it's important to let it even during the local build.
It is actually required by the xbean-spring project to generate correct mapping file based on annotations found in sources.

But, since we're not using anymore the server-xml file, I think we don't need spring and xbean-spring anymore...
So, my understanding is that as soon as we get rid of the server-xml project, we would be able to remove the definition.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=643768&view=rev