Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com> on 2010/08/09 23:55:40 UTC

"Can't find database"

I am getting these intermittent errors that I can't reproduce on my machine:

Database 'C:\VontuDev\main\dist\scan\incremental_index/MONITOR/INCREMENTAL_INFO'
not found

I read the docs, and there is no discussion about whether a mixed "\" "/"
path is a problem on some systems.  Could it be?  Do I need to normalize the
path to all forward slashes?

What can cause this error to happen?  I checked, and the directory is there
on the system.

Thanks,

David

--
David W. Van Couvering

http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidvc
http://davidvancouvering.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/dcouvering

Re: "Can't find database"

Posted by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>.
Yes, there is definitely the possibility of multiple threads trying to boot
the database.  I'll look into that.

This appears to be happening on 64-bit Windows machines only, but that could
be a machine-related timing, or it could be the 64-bit VM.

Re: "Can't find database"

Posted by Kristian Waagan <kr...@oracle.com>.

Re: "Can't find database"

Posted by David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>.