Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Luis Cañas <lc...@gsyc.escet.urjc.es> on 2005/03/15 16:06:39 UTC

can I add output messages in post-commit?

Hi,

I'm trying to add a message to the standard output of a successful
commit.

Is there any way to do that in the post-commit script?

Thanks and cheers :)

--
Luis Cañas Díaz <lc...@gsyc.escet.urjc.es>
GSyC - Edukalibre

Re: can I add output messages in post-commit?

Posted by Christopher Ness <ch...@nesser.org>.
On Tue, 2005-15-03 at 17:06 +0100, Luis Cañas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add a message to the standard output of a successful
> commit.
>
> Is there any way to do that in the post-commit script?

There are examples of writing to STDERR on the server which is
transmitted back to the client.
Seems like a sketchy proposition though because STDERR is not meant to
be used that way.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Software Engineering IV,
McMaster University

Re: can I add output messages in post-commit?

Posted by Dominic Mitchell <do...@happygiraffe.net>.
On Tue, March 15, 2005 16:06, Luis Cañas said:
> I'm trying to add a message to the standard output of a successful
> commit.
>
> Is there any way to do that in the post-commit script?

There isn't, because the post-commit script runs on the server and the
commit output runs on the client.

The simplest way around this is to wrap the "svn" command in a script of
your own which checks for a successfull commit and adds the message
itself.

-Dom