Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John D Groenveld <jd...@elvis.arl.psu.edu> on 2000/04/13 22:07:01 UTC

Re: how can you lwp-request to https?

Check an archive of the LWP mailing list, but I recall you need
Crypt::SSLeay
John
groenveld@acm.org

Re: how can you lwp-request to https?

Posted by Drew Taylor <dt...@vialogix.com>.
Yes, Crypt::SSLeay or Net::SSLeay will work nicely. You'll probably need
to install OpenSSL as I requirement. I'm pretty sure about this. I have
openSSL installed, so you probably need it.  It's pretty easy to
compile/install.

I'm using Net::SSLeay to create a SSL connection to our real-time credit
card processor and it works nicely (once I overcame a bug in my
particular Solaris installation).

--
Drew Taylor
Vialogix Communications, Inc.