Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/08 09:24:04 UTC

+=FAQ: Can I buy an Apache Licence?

As the subject says, I have seen a few posts asking to buy an Apache Licence.

It would be useful to be able to point people to a FAQ entry that
deals with this question.

Could this be added please?

S.

Re: +=FAQ: Can I buy an Apache Licence?

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
> On Sep 8, 2021, at 11:07 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 8 Sept 2021 at 10:31, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> As the subject says, I have seen a few posts asking to buy an Apache Licence.
>>

>> I guess you could, but why would you want to? Seems there's might be a deeper misunderstanding we could answer?
>
> Indeed, that's what I meant: we don't sell licences or subscriptions.
> However many other software providers do.
> I think that needs to be explained somewhere.

Maybe we could sell them an NFT for a license.  That's open source, right?

....Roy

Re: +=FAQ: Can I buy an Apache Licence?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.