Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk> on 2011/03/17 23:11:36 UTC

Problem with Gora dependencies in trunk

Hi list,

OK I have seen quite a few threads on this topic as well as a couple of comments appended to the blog entries provided on the wiki. I also posted on this a while back but unfortunately got no reply so thought best thing to do was persist and see if I could solve the issue... how wrong I was. I have followed in minute detail the building nutch 2.0 in eclipse blog entry

I'm getting the following after attempting to add Ivy library to ivy/ivy.xml
Impossible to resolve dependencies of org.apache.nutch#${ant.project.name};working@lewis-01
  unresolved dependency: org.apache.gora#gora-core;0.1: not found
  unresolved dependency: org.apache.gora#gora-sql;0.1: not found
  unresolved dependency: org.apache.gora#gora-core;0.1: not found
  unresolved dependency: org.apache.gora#gora-sql;0.1: not found
  unresolved dependency: org.apache.gora#gora-core;0.1: not found
  unresolved dependency: org.apache.gora#gora-sql;0.1: not found

I read here http://www.mail-archive.com/user@nutch.apache.org/msg01515.html that there WAS a problem with Nutch wrongly assuming Gora artifacts, but that it has since been resolve so I am really stumped.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thank you Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html

Re: Problem with Gora dependencies in trunk

Posted by al...@aim.com.
Hi,

If you donwload gora and build it with ant you get rid of the one of the dependency

--unresolved dependency: org.apache.gora#gora-core;0.1: not found

if you change gora version from 1.0 to 1.0-incubator in one of the ivy files
but this one

--unresolved dependency: org.apache.gora#gora-sql;0.1: not found
stays because gora itself does not build successfuly.
It has also some other dependencies that I was unable to locate yet.

Good luck,

Alex.

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
I checked out both Gora and Nutch in late February. Gora seems to be building just fine with ant, however trunk is another kettle of fish.

I will take on board your suggestion Alex then rebuild and see where I am tomorrow.

Thanks for the pointers, I will post updates.

Lewis
Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Last time i built Gora was in january (IIRC). Nutch then ,finally, built fine as
well.

> Hi,
>
> Did you build gora with ant? I checked out from svn a few days ago and ant
> for gora gives error
>

> [ivy:resolve]   ::          UNRESOLVED DEPENDENCIES         ::
> [ivy:resolve]   :: com.sun.jersey#jersey-core;1.4: not found
> [ivy:resolve]   :: com.sun.jersey#jersey-json;1.4: not found
> [ivy:resolve]   :: com.sun.jersey#jersey-server;1.4: not found
>

> Thanks.
> Alex.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.