Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Souni <jo...@dicode.fi> on 2012/03/05 15:20:27 UTC

Customizing AjaxIndicatorAppender and indicator

Hi,

is it posible to make ajax indicator to reserve space even it's not visible?
I tried to overide AjaxIndicatorAppender's onRendered and set span
visibility:hidden instead of default display:none, but it didn't work. I
would like that pressing button would not make button to move left to make
extra space for indicator. Instead I would like reserve that space for
indicator beforehand, so that button wouldn't jump to the left when
indicator becomes visible.

- Jouni

Re: Customizing AjaxIndicatorAppender and indicator

Posted by Souni <jo...@dicode.fi>.
Ok I'll try that. Thanks for your responses!

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no> wrote:
>> See org.apache.wicket.ajax.IAjaxIndicatorAware. With this you can provide your own indicator which will be shown/hidden before/after the Ajax request
>
> I think the poster wants to use "visibility: hidden" instead of "display: none" for when it is not shown (the "taking up space" requirement).

Oh. You are right. Even with custom indicator Wicket will use display
CSS property again...
The real problem is in wicket-ajax.js - wicketShow() and wicketHide()
toggle 'display'.
A workaround is to use AjaxCallDecorator that toggles 'visibility'
before the request and in success/failure handlers.

> - Tor Iver

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

RE: Customizing AjaxIndicatorAppender and indicator

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,