Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/03 00:28:39 UTC

Apache Projects Cross Promotion - One Big Happy Family

Wanted to kick off a thread to see what people think of leveraging
apache umbrella for cross project promotion?
This eventually will have to goto ASF board, but i've envisioning
something along the lines of following:

Several projects within Apache family can cross promote one another on
their homepages.

For example, on the homepage of our project, we can have a link to
"other apache projects you may like" option with links and some description.

PMCs from each project would have to agree on cross promotion. We know
PMC from other Apache Projects, we can talk to and ask for help while
returning the same favor.

We can build a small consensus amongst non competing projects within
apache family to help drive the traffic to each other. It would be nice
if Apache Software Foundation buys into this idea. It will benefit  all
Apache Projects with absolute "$0" as the price tag in marketing expenses.