Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2013/03/04 14:31:20 UTC

[OT] list server issues ?

Hi.
I don't know if it is the case for everyone, but I seem to be receiving messages from the
list in some random order, totally out of timely sequence.
Anyone notice the same, or is it just me ?

Re: [OT] list server issues ?

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> 04.03.2013 14:31, André Warnier:
>
>> I don't know if it is the case for everyone, but I seem to be receiving messages from the
>> list in some random order, totally out of timely sequence.
>> Anyone notice the same, or is it just me ?
>
> I didn't notice anything like that.
>
> You could take a look at the "Received"-header fields of a mail you
> consider out of timely sequence. You might get an idea where the delay
> (if any) has happened.

Ok, forget it, apologies for the noise.
I was browsing messages, and it looked like I was getting some strange gaps in the
conversations. Responses out of context à la Martin etc., which was a bit surprising
coming from Mark and Rainer e.g.
Then the gaps started filling-up in my mailbox, with messages from yesterday and today
apparently at random.  It is starting to look coherent again now.  Probably our mail
server, or some grey-list gimmick.

Re: [OT] list server issues ?

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <to...@list-post.mks-mail.de>.

--
Regards
  mks

Re: [OT] list server issues ?

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 04/03/2013 13:31, André Warnier wrote:
> Hi.
> I don't know if it is the case for everyone, but I seem to be receiving
> messages from the list in some random order, totally out of timely
> sequence.
> Anyone notice the same, or is it just me ?

My mail is fine but I have seen one other report on another list of a
subscriber not receiving mails.

I recommend checking tomcat.markmail.org as a way of checking your inbox
against list traffic.

Mark