Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mace10 <wa...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/03 18:07:00 UTC

Must set up Solr on my web site's server, how can I fully integrate it? (noob)

I apologize in advance that my knowledge isn't as expansive as I'm sure is
the case with most of you, but nonetheless:

I've been messing around with Solr for a little while now, playing with the
Jetty test server the download package provides, and exploring the
localhost:8983 testing environment. I've learned how to manipulate and index
various files via terminal and have successfully queried these files from
the aforementioned test server. This is all good and fine, but I don't want
to use a local testing server, nor the test .xml files Apache provides me
with in the exampledocs directory.

I guess my complete question is how can I migrate the Solr package from
Jetty to the server on which my site currently resides and furthermore, how
can I index all of my text-containing files so they can be queried by my
soon-to-be search UI?

This question may be much bigger than I realize, but if anyone can at least
point me in a useful direction to maybe a comprehensive learning resource I
would be infinitely appreciative. Thanks again.

Re: Must set up Solr on my web site's server, how can I fully integrate it? (noob)

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 3 April 2012 21:37, mace10 <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I guess my complete question is how can I migrate the Solr package from
> Jetty to the server on which my site currently resides and furthermore, how
> can I index all of my text-containing files so they can be queried by my
> soon-to-be search UI?
[...]

Not completely sure as to what you want, but my guess is that
you are after integrating Solr search into an existing site. If so,
the answer obviously depends on the technology that your site
uses. This link should help you get started:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/IntegratingSolr

Regards,
Gora