Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Lee Doughty <le...@virginiacyberrange.org> on 2022/03/31 19:45:58 UTC

Stop attempting reconnection after a while

Hello!

I was wondering if there was some way to prevent the auto-reconnect
dialogue from continuing the poll after it has failed for some duration or
count?

There's some cases where, upon issue, it immediately goes into a 15-second
countdown to try and reconnect. This will retry forever if you let it. We
see this a lot with our users since we force their machines offline after
8+ hours (since, for our use case, that typically means they left the tab
open and walked away)

This generates noise... sometimes for days... While this is really just an
annoyance, we do use messages from connection events to estimate usage, and
it's hard to distinguish these failed connections from real connections in
isolation.

-Lee