Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by R R <mr...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/07 17:55:52 UTC

High increase in bandwidth usage

I installed a cloudstack server on a bare metal server (all in one
installation). The bandwidth usage was normal. After a couple days, the
bandwidth usage was very high, got several emails as well from the DC. I
tried to limit it using wondershaper. Worked for a while, but then I was
locked out of the machine. Couldn't ssh into the machine. Had to format the
machine.

The same thing happened again. I am able to ssh into the system for now,
bandwidth usage is high, cloudstack server isn't responding. Attaching ss
of cloudstack management server logs.

Please address me if I am doing something wrong, or the solution to this
problem.

Re: High increase in bandwidth usage

Posted by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com>.
This should not happen, Cloudstack Is just  web application, it does not
consume  any bandwidth .  The one consume bandwidth is the VM inside .

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 10:52 PM Alex Mattioli <Al...@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> That would be bandwidth between which hosts?   Also, what exactly would
> you call normal and excessive bandwidth usage?
>
> Regards
> Alex

Hean Seng

Re: High increase in bandwidth usage

Posted by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> That would be bandwidth between which hosts?   Also, what exactly would
> you call normal and excessive bandwidth usage?
>
> Regards
> Alex

Hean Seng

RE: High increase in bandwidth usage