Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/08/07 01:53:37 UTC

Re: Misc topic about FreeMind and the SOLR query syntax....

: Hmmm, I think I need a goad as well as a goal here. One of the interesting
: exports of Freemind is a clickable html "mini website". That is, there's a
: single html file (currently 42K) and a stylesheet and some icons. In the end
: it provides a pretty nifty representation. This solves the problem of people
: having to download Freemind in order to get any value out of it. There's no
: reason NOT to make the freemind file available too though.

Having browsed arround the FreeMind website a bit, and looking at some of
the "example" FreeMind Maps, i must admit that i don't really "get it" ..
i don't even really get what "it" is.

that said, the few things i do think i have a firm grasp on are:
 1) the FreeMind XML files are intended to be edited/viewed in a GUI App
 2) The HTML outputs are inteded as a secondary by product
 3) this isn't the sort of thing intended for communcal editing
 4) FreeMind is GPL.

With that in mind, checking the XML in SVN, and having Hudson
generate the HTML by "running FreeMind" doesn't really seem all the
prudent/pactical.

My suggestion: Setup a little sites.google.com (or even code.google.com)
page where you host the latest XML file and the generate HTML.

Worrry about the future if/when the future happens.

-Hoss

Re: Misc topic about FreeMind and the SOLR query syntax....

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: on a quick look I don't see how to move a bunch
: of related files that forms a complex page to sites.google.com.
: e.g. the freemind-produced html has a single html page and a
: subdirectory that contains javascript, icons, a stylesheet,
: images, etc. Am I missing something on a 10 minute scan?

Probably not ... i've never used sites.google.com myself, i've just seen
it suggested as a simple way to host small non-comercial websites.  didn't
realize it had limitations in how to upload content.

-Hoss

Re: Misc topic about FreeMind and the SOLR query syntax....

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
on a quick look I don't see how to move a bunch
of related files that forms a complex page to sites.google.com.
e.g. the freemind-produced html has a single html page and a
subdirectory that contains javascript, icons, a stylesheet,
images, etc. Am I missing something on a 10 minute scan?

Thanks
Erick

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
1) yep