Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Ken Yackle <ke...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/13 17:38:58 UTC

FLV is like a virus (MALWARE)

HI

I have been using open office for years as a student and as a small business owner.  When 3.3 notified me that an update was available, I had no problem trusting that it would be an improvement.  on the download I de selected the FLV home page and tool bar options. The FLV interfered with the down load, and forced the tool bar download and install. The FLV tool bar basically is a buggy piece of crap that prevented me from using my browser at all. The page was locked and every mouse click produced a error ping , control on the page was not possible. I had to use the task manager to force the browser to close and use the control panel to un install FLV. The uninstall blurted out error messages about the uninstall.

FLV may not be a virus, but it it definitely Malware!

FIX this poor update

Ken Yackle

Windows 7 Pro
Internet Explorer 9

Re: FLV is like a virus (MALWARE)

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Ken, as you are not subscribed to the list, you missed Rory answer.
 I'm copying it bellow.

Regards

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.