Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2004/12/01 15:34:02 UTC

Re: svn 1.1.2 candidate r11708

On Nov 30, 2004, at 4:03 PM, Adam D. Moss wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Interrupted svn switch operations have utterly 'busticated'
> my WC three times in the past week (that is, the period in
> which I've been actively using 'svn switch').  Needless to
> say (but I'll say it) that's a... serious matter.  Extricating
> local changes from a busted WC hurts a lot.
>
> I haven't been able to test the r11708 fix yet but would
> welcome any change in 1.1.2 which might improve matters.

It's already nominated for 1.1.2, take a look:

   http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/1.1.x/STATUS

Re: svn 1.1.2 candidate r11708

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Adam D. Moss wrote:
> Ah, I may have understood the meaning of 'candidate' here.
> The layout of the STATUS doc implies that these revisions are
> the candidates for 1.1.2, but I suspect that what is meant
> is that these are revisions that are in the candidate for 1.1.2
> (whew).
>
> Move along, nothing to see here...

No, your first supposition was correct - the revisions are candidates for
1.1.2

However, don't worry, because candidates are virtually always approved.

Max.

Re: svn 1.1.2 candidate r11708

Posted by "Adam D. Moss" <ad...@gimp.org>.
Ah, I may have understood the meaning of 'candidate' here.
The layout of the STATUS doc implies that these revisions are
the candidates for 1.1.2, but I suspect that what is meant
is that these are revisions that are in the candidate for 1.1.2
(whew).

Move along, nothing to see here...

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3

Re: svn 1.1.2 candidate r11708

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Dec 1, 2004, at 9:44 AM, Adam D. Moss wrote:

> Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
>> It's already nominated for 1.1.2, take a look:
>>   http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/1.1.x/STATUS
>
> Hi Ben.
>
> This says that it's a candidate, but not approved.  I was
> hoping in some small way to tip the balance. :)

It 'candidate' means:  it's been nominated for backport into 1.1.2.  It
needs three votes (code reviews) to happen.

That said, whenever we do a 'push' for a new bugfix release, nearly
every nominee gets approved.  Developers nag each other to review
patches, until they're all merged.  We like to see the STATUS file
completely empty.  :-)

In other words, if this patch doesn't get into 1.1.2, it's because
somebody found something wrong with it, not because it was neglected
and didn't get enough votes.

Re: svn 1.1.2 candidate r11708

Posted by "Adam D. Moss" <ad...@gimp.org>.