Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org> on 2016/02/01 21:02:01 UTC

[VOTE] Move Avro to git

Hi everyone,

A couple months ago, on the "Release and code management" discussion
thread [1], I suggested moving Avro to git. Everyone was for the idea on
that thread and now that the 1.8.0 release is finished I think we can
move forward so I'm starting a vote for it.

I propose we move Avro from svn to git. If this vote passes, I'll start
the process to move.

Please vote in the next 72 hours:

[ ] +1: Move Avro to git
[ ] +0: . . .
[ ] -1: Do not move Avro to git because . . .

Thanks for voting, everyone!

[1]:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/avro-dev/201511.mbox/%3C563B954C.2050503%40cloudera.com%3E

--
Ryan Blue

Re: [VOTE] Move Avro to git

Posted by Douglas Creager <dc...@dcreager.net>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Move Avro to git

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Move Avro to git

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
"it is good to dream and work for the dreams than not to dream"

Re: [VOTE] Move Avro to git

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

--
Sean

Re: [VOTE] Move Avro to git

[RESULT] [VOTE] Move Avro to git

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
The vote to move to git passes with 11 +1 votes and no -1 or +0 votes.
I'll file an infra ticket shortly to start the move. Thanks, everyone!

rb

Re: [VOTE] Move Avro to git

Posted by Vikas Saxena <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Move Avro to git

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Move Avro to git

Posted by Nges B <ng...@gmail.com>.
[]+1

--
"it is good to dream and work for the dreams than not to dream"

Re: [VOTE] Move Avro to git

Posted by Sam Groth <sg...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
+1

    On Monday, February 1, 2016 2:26 PM, Francis Upton <fr...@gmail.com> wrote: