Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> on 2021/06/05 00:33:37 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS} OpenWhisk 21.05 / OpenWhisk 1.1

"David P Grove" <gr...@us.ibm.com> wrote on 05/03/2021 11:40:08 AM:

> We did our first unified release (OpenWhisk 20.11) at the end of
November.

> Since then, we've released new versions of most of the runtimes and also
of
> the CLI.
>
> I think getting into a rhythm of doing a unified release every 6 months
(eg
> May and November) would be a good discipline for us.
>
> The actual 21.05 unified release itself is not very much work.  But, we
> would need to push out a core OpenWhisk release (1.1?) to prepare.  Is
> doing that in May a reasonable goal?

Well, May went by fast :)

Is a core OpenWhisk release in June feasible?   I know there has been a
fair amount of activity, but I don't have a good sense of whether it is
converging on a good point to release or not.

--dave

Re: [DISCUSS} OpenWhisk 21.05 / OpenWhisk 1.1

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.
I wrote up my suggested workaround in
https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/issues/5132.

-r

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.

From: Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 8:14 AM
To: dev@openwhisk.apache.org <de...@openwhisk.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS} OpenWhisk 21.05 / OpenWhisk 1.1

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Dominic Kim <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release the core module.

One concern is, a contribution of the new scheduler is in progress now.
If we can still release the core OpenWhisk along with ongoing components,
it would be fine.
But if we must include a complete set of components into the release, we
may have to wait until the contribution is over.

There are 5 open PRs, 3 waiting components remaining according to this
schedule [1].

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENWHISK/Component+Design

2021년 6월 5일 (토) 오전 9:42, David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com>님이 작성: