Posted to users@maven.apache.org by maven apache <ap...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/27 07:46:14 UTC

filter some resources files and put them to other module.

Hi:
I have a project containing three modules, Server,Io,and Webapp, and the
webapp is a pakcage of war, the other two are jars.
Since the web module need to read some config files,so I want to put them
under the WEB-INF/conf. However I also want to file the config files under
the Io module by using the resources *filtering*
*
*
That's to say I want to config the the parameter in the pom.xml of the Io
module,(under the module there is a config file like the following:
------------
service=${service.name}
time=${service.time}
------------
))
Then I need to use this config file in the Webapp module and it should be
put under Webapp/WEB-INF/conf.

I have seen the resource plugin in the maven site,and I found that there is
a parameter named:targetPath,I wonder if I can set this parameter as the
following:
------------------------
<resource>
<directory>src/main/java</directory>
<filtering>true</filtering>
<targetPath>???????</targetPath>(Can I set the path to other module for
example the Webapp module? if yes, how to set? Note that , this xml
fragment is under the Io module)
</resource>
-----------------------
*
*

Re: filter some resources files and put them to other module.

Posted by maven apache <ap...@gmail.com>.
2009/12/29 Kumar Ampani <am...@gmail.com>

> I am not sure if that's a good idea to have one project create files in the
> other project.
>
> If your 'lo' project has the config files, I would create an assembly of
> config files in 'lo' project.
> and then webapp project will use dependency plugin to extract the config
> artifact/assembly from repository and process them as needed.

Thank all the above guys, It is not a good idea and I now I will put the
config files directly to the WEB-INF . :).

BTW,how can I now how many inside parameters I can directly use in the pom
file such as the ${basedir} ${project.version} ?
Because I did not get the right value when I  tried to use
${parent.version},  I have seen the pom.xsd,but the contents are rather too
big.  so I wonder where I can find them?

Posted by Kumar Ampani <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "alien.sulin" <su...@gmail.com>.

--
alien.sulin(苏琳冲)