Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Alain RODRIGUEZ <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/01 15:32:52 UTC

Re: Upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.1.9

Hi Tony.

Did you read doc on Datastax site -->
http://docs.datastax.com/en/upgrade/doc/upgrade/cassandra/upgradeCassandraDetails.html
?

This being a minor upgrade I guess clients should not break, but it is
often advised to test things, just in case, even more if you never did any
update.

I heard nothing about any issue in 2.1 minor versions upgrade, but you
really should move away from 2.1.0, as since a lot of issues have been
fixed. I have in mind at least a big one, a memory leak that has been
fixed. Anyway, you never want to stay in x.x.0 versions for too long imho.
I even never use them excepted for testing purposes.

C*heers,

Alain

Re: Upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.1.9