Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Teruhiko Kurosaka <Ku...@basistech.com> on 2008/07/10 01:13:22 UTC

schema.xml compatibility

I've noticed that schema.xml in the dev version of Solr spells
what used to be fieldtype as fieldType with capital T.

Are there any other compatibility issues between the would-be
Solr 1.3 and Solr 1.2?

How soon Solr 1.3 will be available, by the way?

--------
Basis Technology Corporation, San Francisco
T. "Kuro" Kurosaka

Re: schema.xml compatibility

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: > Are there any other compatibility issues between the would-be
: > Solr 1.3 and Solr 1.2?
:
: It shouldn't be a compatibility issue since both will be accepted.

Note that the example configs tend to represent the latest/greatest syntax
& features, but existing configs should generally continue to work as is
when upgrading -- if anything changes are made in Solr that might impact
people with old configs when upgrading a special note will be found in the
"Upgrading from Solr 1.XXX" section of the release notes.  (such as the
comment about the <httpCaching> directive in the "Upgrading from Solr 1.2"
section, and about the json.nl=map option for JSON in "Upgrading from Solr
1.1")

-Hoss

Re: schema.xml compatibility

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Teruhiko Kurosaka <Ku...@basistech.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that schema.xml in the dev version of Solr spells
> what used to be fieldtype as fieldType with capital T.
>
> Are there any other compatibility issues between the would-be
> Solr 1.3 and Solr 1.2?

It shouldn't be a compatibility issue since both will be accepted.
The xpath used to select fieldType nodes is
"/schema/types/fieldtype | /schema/types/fieldType"

> How soon Solr 1.3 will be available, by the way?

Hopefully soon... perhaps the end of the month.

-Yonik