Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2015/10/30 06:30:00 UTC

[4.6] VM Snapshots no longer work with managed storage

Hi Remi,

I have opened the following ticket against 4.6:

I found this issue tonight while running regression tests against 4.6.

As the ticket indicates, when using managed storage for your root disk,
attempting to revert a VM to a VM snapshot corrupts the state of the
virtual disk.

I am not sure when this regression happened. At present, I kick these
regression tests off manually and noticed this problem just now.

I marked it as a blocker because it leads to data corruption.

I plan to look into it tomorrow.

*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
o: 303.746.7302

Re: [4.6] VM Snapshots no longer work with managed storage

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Hi Remi,

Yeah, sorry...I should have provided more details in the ticket. It was
late when I encountered the issue and just wanted to record that we have a
situation where data is being destroyed on accident (which seemed like a
blocker to me, but I'm OK if you'd like to change that status). I went
ahead and updated the ticket and am working it now.

Thanks!
Mike

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Mike,