Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul Srivastava <ra...@mentorix.com> on 2005/07/06 08:04:33 UTC

I am new to Slide, WEBDAV please help on this new topic

Hi,

I have got a new assingment to work on SLIDE & WEBDAV for content
management.

I have visited the jakarta sites for slide.Also I have downloaded
jakarta-slide-2.1-tomcat-5.0.28.zip, extracted it & started the slide on
8080 port.
I have been studying slide topics from net, but i am not able to find a
complete example on how to write a client.
I executed the run.bat file from jakarta-slide-webdavclient-bin-2.1.zip, but
still I am not able to understand how to start to write a client on my own.
( I want to write a client which should be accessed through web & not a
command based i.e. using .jsp or servlets. )

Also do I have to download & run DAV Explorer for WEBDAV client or I can
wirte a client of my own.

Please provide apropriate material links on how to better understand to
write clients.

Thanking you
Rahul Srivastava
Senior Software Eng.
Lionbridge Technologies Ltd.
Mumbai
India
Tel: +91-22-56930202
Ext: 7505.

RE: I am new to Slide, WEBDAV please help on this new topic

Posted by Srinivas Rao <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi raman,

How are U ??? i am doing the Slide contant management and i configured in my application but the problem is i am not able to find the webdav client code at all...i searched the net and all the mailing list...but i didn't find the code...

i am using the tomcat and slide ...and through http ...we can connect the server .....

So please could U send the code to me ....i am looking the client coode with web resources...

Posted by Edmund Urbani <em...@liland.org>.
Rahul Srivastava wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have got a new assingment to work on SLIDE & WEBDAV for content
>management.
>
>I have visited the jakarta sites for slide.Also I have downloaded
>jakarta-slide-2.1-tomcat-5.0.28.zip, extracted it & started the slide on
>8080 port.
>I have been studying slide topics from net, but i am not able to find a
>complete example on how to write a client.
>I executed the run.bat file from jakarta-slide-webdavclient-bin-2.1.zip, but
>still I am not able to understand how to start to write a client on my own.
>( I want to write a client which should be accessed through web & not a
>command based i.e. using .jsp or servlets. )
>
>Also do I have to download & run DAV Explorer for WEBDAV client or I can
>wirte a client of my own.
>
>Please provide apropriate material links on how to better understand to
>write clients.
>

>Thanking you
>Rahul Srivastava
>Senior Software Eng.
>Lionbridge Technologies Ltd.
>Mumbai
>India
>Tel: +91-22-56930202
>Ext: 7505.

Slide does provide a client API you can use to write your own clients.
For starters I recommend looking at the examples in the Wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-slide/ (For Developers/Client...).
DAV Explorer is neat for trying some WebDAV features other clients don't
offer and doing some testing and it's open source, so you could always
take a look at how it's doing things/modify it.

If you really want to understand the WebDAV protocol and intend to write
a client from scratch (friendly advice: don't!) you need to read the
specs at
http://www.webdav.org/.
Even if you use the slide client API, you should probably familiarize
yourself
with the specifications (at least with RFC2518), because that will make
understanding the API a lot easier.

Hope that helped.

 Edmund