Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/02/19 20:57:45 UTC

Adding more clients from Ignite

Yakov,

You mentioned that you need to refactor our C++ code in order provide
integration path for Ignite with other languages, like Ruby, or Python.

Can you please file a ticket for it describing the task? We should add the
required C++ bits to the Ignite code base.

Thanks,
D.

Re: Adding more clients from Ignite

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Please note that at the moment our enterprise integration is based on
portable marshalling and "interop" classes, which are not part of Ignite.
I really don't see how we can add any CPP code to Ignite without
open-sourcing mentioned features as well. And without portable/interop
stuff CPP code is just a bunch of JNI class/method lookups, i.e. it has no
value alone.

Vladimir.