Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Samarth Jain <sa...@apache.org> on 2015/10/20 01:38:20 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.6.0-HBase-1.1 RC0

Hi Everyone,

This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.6.0-HBase-1.1 RC0. This is a
patch release of Phoenix 4, compatible with the 1.1 branch of Apache
HBase. The release includes both a source-only release and a convenience
binary release.

*Apache Phoenix Release - 4.6.0-HBase-1.1-rc0 Info*

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-1.1-rc0/src/

The binary artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-4.6.0-HBase-1.1-rc0/bin/

For a complete list of changes, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315120&version=12333284

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mujtaba.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/phoenix/KEYS

The hash and tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=28007f804dd3d132d39169f532be050717c3526d
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.6.0-HBase-1.1-rc0

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
The Apache Phoenix Team

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.6.0-HBase-1.1 RC0

Posted by Samarth Jain <sa...@gmail.com>.
The vote for the release of Apache Phoenix 4.6.0-HBase-1.1 RC0 is now
closed and has passed with 3 binding +1s , one  0 and no -1s:

+1
Samarth Jain*
Mujtaba Chohan*
James Taylor*

0
Cody Marcel*

*=binding

We'll push out the new release soon. Thanks to those who voted.

Posted by Samarth Jain <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Mujtaba Chohan <mu...@apache.org>.
+1 for release.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Cody Marcel <cm...@salesforce.com>.
It's serious from a Pherf perspective, but probably not so much for overall
Phoenix. Data is incorrectly being generated when I prefex is used. We have
found a workaround, but it was blocking some event monitoring testing.

In this case I would vote 0

Posted by Samarth Jain <sa...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Cody,