Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Emanuel Dejanu <ed...@route66.ro> on 2001/12/03 08:59:48 UTC

Compiler bug with httpd-2_0_28 and perchild

I have tried to compile the httpd-2_0_28 with perchild and
is not working. The compiler log is in x.log (attached).

Have you tested with this configuration?

SuSE 7.1
gcc 2.95.2

Best regards,

Emanuel Dejanu

P.S. Please CC to me because I am a digest subscriber.

# config.nice
#! /bin/sh
#
# Created by configure

"./configure" \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--with-program-name=apache2" \
"--prefix=/mnt/disk1/home/edejanu/apache/ap2" \
"--with-mpm=perchild" \
"--with-port=90" \
"--disable-cgi" \
"--disable-cgid" \
"--disable-include" \
"--disable-userdir" \
"--disable-negotiation" \
"--disable-imap" \
"--disable-actions" \
"--disable-alias" \
"--disable-env" \
"--disable-setenvif" \
"--disable-autoindex" \
"--disable-asis" \
"--enable-status" \
"--enable-so" \
"$@"

Re: Compiler bug with httpd-2_0_28 and perchild

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
On Sunday 02 December 2001 11:59 pm, Emanuel Dejanu wrote:

Perchild does not compile right now.  It was written for a much
older version of Apache 2.0, and it isn't trivial to port to the current
version.  I think I know how to do it, with a combination of filters
and bucket types, but I haven't had time to try.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org

RE: Compiler bug with httpd-2_0_28 and perchild

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Sander Striker wrote:

> Looks like an outdated apr.  Please update your apr to the latest version
> and try again,

Actually, no, it's perchild.  It's still broken.  HEAD:

root@deepthought:/root/apache/httpd-2.0# make >/dev/null
libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libgdbm.la' was moved.
libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/lib/libgdbm.la' was moved.
perchild.c: In function `worker_thread':
perchild.c:585: warning: variable `sd' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or
`vfork'
perchild.c: In function `server_main_loop':
perchild.c:1095: `apr_exit_why' undeclared (first use in this function)
perchild.c:1095: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
perchild.c:1095: for each function it appears in.)
perchild.c:1095: parse error before `exitwhy'
perchild.c:1101: `exitwhy' undeclared (first use in this function)
perchild.c: In function `pass_request':
perchild.c:1385: structure has no member named `client_socket'
perchild.c: In function `perchild_post_read':
perchild.c:1513: structure has no member named `client_socket'
perchild.c: In function `perchild_hooks':
perchild.c:1573: warning: passing arg 1 of `ap_hook_post_config' from
incompatible pointer type
make[4]: *** [perchild.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

The exit_why thing should be easy to fix; it's because perchild wasn't
updated when the APR API changed.  The client_socket thing may or may not
be tricky... haven't looked to see what's involved yet.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

RE: Compiler bug with httpd-2_0_28 and perchild

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
Looks like an outdated apr.  Please update your apr to the latest version
and try again,

Sander