Posted to user@struts.apache.org by arunabh <ar...@iflexsolutions.com> on 2008/10/16 16:13:03 UTC

Want to make dropdown () readonly without making it disabled

Hi,

I'm using struts2. I want to make a drop down (<s:select />) as a read only
element. If I use disabled attribute the data would be lost upon submission.
So I can't use disabled.
How do I make it read only without losing the data while submission?

Thanks,
Arunabh

RE: Want to make dropdown () readonly without making it disabled

Posted by "Kawczynski, David" <da...@merck.com>.
I forgot, my corp pays for me.
Sorry about that.

Here are some suggestions from that page:

- while loading file, create one hidden input type[field] and assign
  dropdown selected value to this hidden input type. When you will
  submit the page, extract value from this hidden filed

- restore back to original value when user try to change
  <select name="s1" onchange="restoreOld(this);return false;">
  </select>
  <input type="hidden" name="s1_old" id="s1_old" value="<s1's value>">
  <script language="javascript">
    function restoreOld(sObj){
       sObj.selectedIndex=document.getElementById("s1_old").value;
    }
  </script>

Posted by Mead Lai <la...@gmail.com>.
May, write yourself define struts2-Tag is good solution.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:18 PM, arunabh <ar...@iflexsolutions.com>wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Thank you for the reply . But the side you reffered me to , they charge
> money for signing up . And without signing up i can't see the solutions .
> So
> could tell me what is the solution for the problem .
>
> With Regards
> Arunabh
>

> Kawczynski, David wrote:
> >
> > Try picking one of the suggestions from here:
> > http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/Java/J2EE/JSP/Q_23
> > 689617.html

BestRegards,
Mead
http://yayisoft.com

Bob Hope  - "A James Cagney love scene is one where he lets the other guy
live."

RE: Want to make dropdown () readonly without making it disabled

Posted by arunabh <ar...@iflexsolutions.com>.
Hi ,

Re: Session timeout

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
I think the usual method is to have some kind of authentication
interceptor on your stack.  If it cannot find a
User/Login/Authentication object in the session for the current request,
then it redirects to the login page.  That's all server-side, of course.

RE: Session timeout - SOLVED

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Francisco-

Not clear how an interceptor can solve this..how does interceptor solve reception of timeout 'event's?

Thanks,
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> From: fcoexposito@hotmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Session timeout - SOLVED
> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:48:05 +0000
>

> I've done it using an interceptor and it works properly. Thanks all!
>
> > From: mgainty@hotmail.com
> > To: user@struts.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: Session timeout
> > Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:12:08 -0400
> >

> > your web.xml contains a session-timeout parameter set e.g.
> >   <session-config>
> >     <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
> >   </session-config>
> >
> > from my understanding..regular catalina SSL or non-SSL connector has no ability to understand events
> > you may want to look at implementing NIOConnector which will throw RetryRequest for Continuation.getEvent() calls
> >
> > http://www.mortbay.org/jetty/jetty-6/apidocs/org/mortbay/jetty/nio/SelectChannelConnector.html
> > This is extremely beta so caveat emptor
> >
> > make sure you specify an unused port for %SomeUnusedPort%
> >
> >  <Connector port="%SomeUnusedPort%"
> >     useSendfile="true"
> >     useExecutor="true"
> >     acceptorThreadCount="1"
> >     pollerThreadCount="1"
> >     pollerThreadPriority="java.lang.Thread#NORM_PRIORITY"
> >     selectorTimeout="1000"
> >     useComet="true"
> >     prcessCache="200"
> >     socket.directBuffer="false"
> >     socket.rxBufSize="25188"
> >     socket.txBufSize="43800"
> >     socket.appReadBufSize="8192"
> >     socket.appWriteBufSize="8192"
> >     socket.bufferPool="500"
> >     socket.bufferPoolSize="100000000"
> >     socket.processorCache="500"
> >     socket.keyCache="500"
> >     socket.eventCache="500"
> >     socket.tcpNoDelay="false"
> >     socket.soKeepAlive="true"
> >     socket.soTimeout="5000"
> >     protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
> >     maxThreads="150"
> >     connectionTimeout="60000"
> >     redirectPort="8443" />
> >
> > HTH
> > Martin
> > Disclaimer and confidentiality note
> > Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.
> >

> > > From: fcoexposito@hotmail.com
> > > To: user@struts.apache.org
> > > Subject: Session timeout
> > > Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:31:02 +0000
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > How can I check if my session is timed out and redirect then to the login page?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Paco

> > > Llega la nueva temporada. Consulta las nuevas tendencias en MSN Estilo
> > > http://estilo.es.msn.com/moda/

> > Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how.
> [...]

When your life is on the go—take your life with you.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298558/direct/01/

RE: Session timeout - SOLVED

Posted by Francisco Exposito <fc...@hotmail.com>.

RE: Session timeout