Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by de...@daimlerchrysler.com on 2005/01/10 10:26:45 UTC

Query regarding Monitor Result

        Hi,

I have some queries reg Monitor Result.

I am using Tomcat 5.5.4, I also checked "use as monitor" in the sampler
and I dont require a authentication manager for my server.
But I still dont get any result for Monitor.

It keeps showing Dead however I see the URL in the
performance and health tab. Where could I be wrong?

My URL is the index page of Tomcat.

The other query is, in the manual its mentioned

'The second tab labeled performance, shows performance for
one server for the last 1000 samples'

Does this mean I see the memory and CPU usage
of the server for every 1000 samples? Why is it so?
Is there any specific reason for seeing the usage every 1000 threads?

If I want to view the performance of the server for each thread where do I
make the modification in the src code?

The packages for Monitor in the src are

org.apache.jmeter.monitor.model
org.apache.jmeter.monitor.model.benchmark
org.apache.jmeter.monitor.parser
org.apache.jmeter.monitor.util
org.apache.jmeter.visualizers

Any help reg this will be great.

bye,
with regards,
Deepak.

Re: Query regarding Monitor Result

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
the reason for keeping the cache to 800 responses for each server was
memory. If the monitor kept all the data, it would quickly run out of
memory.

you should be able to change the default in the properties.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jmeter/bin/jmeter.properties?rev=1.113&view=markup
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-jmeter/src/monitor/components/org/apache/jmeter/visualizers/MonitorHealthVisualizer.java?rev=1.7&view=log

I need to update the docs, so that it is correct. Originally I had set
it to 1000, but currently it is set to 800.

peter

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:26:45 +0100,
deepak.angeswar@daimlerchrysler.com