Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Julius Davies <ju...@cucbc.com> on 2006/11/29 14:44:54 UTC

RE: apacheds with ssl

Hi, Martin,

I've never actually used ApacheDS, or started it up.  I've just been working on some generic SSL code for any server or client to use (http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/), and I happened to borrow some ASN.1 parsing code from apacheds.  I searched far and wide for ASN.1 parsing code licensed under ASF 2.0, and eventually I found these guys!

But I suspect the following might turn on LDAPS for you inside "conf/server.xml":

Inside this section:
<bean id="configuration" class="org.apache.directory.server.configuration.MutableServerStartupConfiguration">

Try adding these?

"/path/to/file.jks" might need to be "file:///path/to/file.jks", I can't tell.

I'm cc-ing "dev@directory.apache.org" so they can fix any mistakes in my email here.

yours,

Julius

http://juliusdavies.ca/