Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Collins, Vincen" <vi...@fmr.com> on 2010/10/04 20:50:50 UTC

Maven reporting plugins do not execute if a unit test failure occurs

Using the latest version (2.6) of maven-surefire-report-plugin in the reporting section of Maven 2.2.1 does not execute if there is a unit test failure.  I can't get any of the plugins in the reporting section of Maven to execute if there is a unit test failure.

I found that I can set maven.test.failure.ignore=true here - http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-247  The problem to this approach is now our hudson builds are successful even if there are unit test failures.

I tried to set the reporting plugin maven-surefire-report-plugin to run with the build plugins on a phase but I can't figure out how to get this to work.  Is this a valid approach?

How can I get the Maven reporting plugins to execute if a unit test failure occurs?

Vincen Collins