Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2023/03/20 19:48:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flume Spring Boot 2.0.0-rc2

This is a vote to release Flume Spring Boot 2.0.0. Flume Spring Boot has moved from the full Flume release to its own repo. Note that the staging web site has been updated to reflect the fix for Bug #1 below. Also note that this repo supports the use of GitHub Issues for bug tracking.

RC2 adds a missing sentence to the NOTICE file. The web site has been updated to include a section for sub projects and Flume Spring Boot has been added there.

Please download, test, and cast your votes on the Flume developers list.
[] +1, release the artifacts
[] -1, don't release because...

The vote will remain open for 72 hours. All votes are welcome and we encourage everyone to test the release, but only Flume PMC votes are “officially” counted. As always, at least 3 +1 votes and more positive than negative votes are required.

Changes in this release include:

** Bug
• [#1] - Require Applications to define a configuration class containing the appropriate ComponentScan declaration in spring.factories.

Tag:
a)  for a new copy do "git clone https://github.com/apache/flume-spring-boot.git and then "git checkout tags/release-2.0.0-rc2”  or just "git clone -b release-2.0.0-rc2 https://github.com/apache/flume-spring-boot.git"
b) for an existing working copy to “git pull” and then “git checkout tags/release-2.0.00-rc2”

Web Site:  https://flume.staged.apache.org/.  Specifically for Flume Spring Boot - https://flume.staged.apache.org/flume-spring-boot/index.html.

Maven Artifacts: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflume-1045.

Distribution archives: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flume/flume-spring-boot

You may download all the Maven artifacts by executing:
wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=7 -nH -r -p -np --no-check-certificate https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflume-1045/org/apache/flume/

Ralph

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume Spring Boot 2.0.0-rc2

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Build works fine and all tests pass on M1

--
thanks
ashish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume Spring Boot 2.0.0-rc2

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Thanks everyone, I appreciate you taking the time to look vote on this.

I’d be happy to do a blog, although I am not sure where. I have my personal blog on Wix but I don’t like that platform and have been meaning to switch to Squarespace for 2 years and just haven’t found the time.  I believe the ASF blog is going away.

I suppose it could be in Confluence but I’ve never really liked that for a “blog”.

If you have ideas please let me know.

Ralph

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
+1 on the release

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Thanks. I will fix the issues on the web site.

Tristan, can you please review this?

Ralph

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
FWIW, I am sure the download links are broken because the artifacts won’t be available until the release vote passes.

Posted by Bessenyei Balázs Donát <be...@apache.org>.
Hi All,