Posted to user@struts.apache.org by William Shulman <wi...@metaconsortium.com> on 2001/12/03 01:07:47 UTC

newbie servlet question

Assume one is using a servlet container (like Tomcat or similar).
Is there a way to specify to the servlet container which class
implementations to use for HttpServletRequest and Session ?
I am guessing that there may exist factories for producing
instances of these classes and I am wondering if there is a
hook, standard or specific to vendor, that will allow me to
specify my own implementations of these classes / interfaces.

thanks in advance
-will