Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luc Foisy <Lu...@technical-magic.com> on 2003/06/16 17:09:43 UTC

2 NIC's one tomcat instance

OS - Some form of RedHat
Tomcat - 4.1.18+

Currently we have one NIC on this server. Users direct their browswers to a web address (located at clients ISP, we store the graphics here, since they have a way bigger pipe) and the browser is redirected to the clients server to IPAddress:port 8080/context. Apache is not handling these connections, it is straight to Tomcat.

The client mentioned wanting a second NIC installed on this server, to handle connections from a cable service provider in case the primary ASDL connection fails.

If we had the second web address be directed to the same IPAddress:port 8080/context, would Tomcat be able to handle serving to the two NIC's?
(admitting that I am not 100% knowledgable about these network connections and stuff)

Luc Foisy