Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by july m <ju...@rediffmail.com> on 2008/12/09 15:22:00 UTC

Xerces 3.0 XPATH sample

Hi,

Anybody has a sample which uses XPATH support provided in xerces 3.0?(Any sample other than the DOMPrint provided with xerces
source code). I need to execute an XPath expression of the form NODE1/NODE2/@ATTR (Is the syntax correct ?) and print the value of the attribute ATTR

Regards,
July

Re: Xerces 3.0 XPATH sample

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
july m wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anybody has a sample which uses XPATH support provided in xerces
> 3.0?(Any sample other than the DOMPrint provided with xerces
> source code). I need to execute an XPath expression of the form
> NODE1/NODE2/@ATTR (Is the syntax correct ?) and print the value of the
> attribute ATTR
The subset of XPath implemented in Xerces-C is very limited, and is used
for the purposes of implementing XML Schema:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#coss-identity-constraint

If you want a full-featured XPath implementation, you'll need to use
XQilla (XPath 2.0) or Xalan-C (XPath 1.0).

Please ask future questions like this on the user list, not on the
developer list.

Dave