Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Ortius, Helga" <He...@realtech.com> on 2005/07/06 10:17:47 UTC

Parse Response for URL and call it with the next HTTP Request

Hallo all,

I am wondering if it is possible to parse an HTTP Response from an Application Server for an URL is contained therein and have it called in the next HTTP Request executed by JMeter. I could imagine that it would work somehow with user defined vars. Has somebody tried this already?

Thank you already very much for any input on this!
Best regards,
Helga

Re: Parse Response for URL and call it with the next HTTP Request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Have a look at the Regex Extractor:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor

This can extract the URL and put it in a variable, which you can then
use in the sampler.

Or the Link Parser may be suitable:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTML_Link_Parser

S.