Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Verhagen <j....@tvdsb.on.ca> on 2001/04/08 10:06:59 UTC

Support Question

Hi there,

    I am trying to run a servlet on IIS with Tomcat.
This servlet receives a request from a user, and then
connects up to another machine on the network via a
port.   After exchanging some information, it redirects
the user's browser to another page depending on the
results of that exchange.

I have verified that Tomcat is running,   It also serves
up the default page that the servlet generates.  I have
also verified that it finds the machine it has to connect
to, because redirection happens if the machine is not
found.  But when it finds the machine, it just hangs, as
if something has gone wrong in the exchange of
information, or if it is waiting for something.  Does
anyone know anything about issues associated with
servlets that make port connections? or that could
cause Tomcat to hang?

(I know the program runs perfectly.  It was developed
for us, and ran on a test environment.)

The number 1003 appears on the Tomcat log window
as well.  (Does anyone know what this means?)

Jeff

RE: Support Question