Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Igor Malinin <ig...@widespace.ee> on 2001/05/07 13:25:39 UTC

System.getProperty() throws SecurityException in sandbox

I've tried to use Xerces parser with WebStart but it is not
possible now as Xerces does not catch security exeptions for
System.getProperty() calls. Same issue with applets I think...

It is not hard to fix this problem and then Xerces can be used
with WebStart and other sandbox environments. Sun JAXP 1.1 does
that and I use it now for parsing. But in future I need more
functions and cannot do without Xerces parser.

I hope this will be fixed in next release of Xerces as this
simple issue limit environments when Xerces can be used!