Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/24 23:01:38 UTC

jsessionid in the url causing formatting issue

Hi, I am wondering if my Lenya (1.2.4) installation (copy of default) is
behaving normal or not: When I put in my URL www.domain.com, it it changes to
http://www.domain.com/index.html;jsessionid=319jj6vkbnamd
So, a session ID is attached to the url. At this point I see an issue: my home
page takes the CSS attributes from the 'breadcrumb' row (so if the breadcrumb
color is red, the whole page becomes red). Also, the search input field and
button rise up and sit above the bread-crumb row.
Now if I click on the 'home' menu, everything becomes ok and the url becomes
http://www.sapmendocino.com/index.html.

I examined the difference in page source and see this:
BAD CASE:
div id="main"><div id="breadcrumb" /><div id="search">

GOOD CASE:
div id="main"><div id="breadcrumb">
  »
Home</div><div id="search">

So my question is what I could do to correct this behavior? Also why is
session id attached to the URL? Is it normal, or could this be causing the
issue? If I copy paste the url with session id, it always messes up; without
it (if i put in www.domain.com/index.html), it is fine.
This is happening in my default pub also.

Thanks for anticipated help.

Re: jsessionid in the url causing formatting issue

Posted by sito <vr...@uib.es>.
Hi!, I am interested to eliminate the jsessionid in the url. Are you
solve it?

Rovi wrote:

>Hi, I am wondering if my Lenya (1.2.4) installation (copy of default) is
>behaving normal or not: When I put in my URL www.domain.com, it it changes to
>http://www.domain.com/index.html;jsessionid=319jj6vkbnamd
>So, a session ID is attached to the url. At this point I see an issue: my home
>page takes the CSS attributes from the 'breadcrumb' row (so if the breadcrumb
>color is red, the whole page becomes red). Also, the search input field and
>button rise up and sit above the bread-crumb row.
>Now if I click on the 'home' menu, everything becomes ok and the url becomes
>http://www.sapmendocino.com/index.html.
>
>I examined the difference in page source and see this:
>BAD CASE:
>div id="main"><div id="breadcrumb" /><div id="search">
>
>GOOD CASE:
>div id="main"><div id="breadcrumb">
>  »
>Home</div><div id="search">
>
>So my question is what I could do to correct this behavior? Also why is
>session id attached to the URL? Is it normal, or could this be causing the
>issue? If I copy paste the url with session id, it always messes up; without
>it (if i put in www.domain.com/index.html), it is fine.
>This is happening in my default pub also.
>
>Thanks for anticipated help.

---------------======ooOO000OOoo======---------------
Vicente Javier Rosselló Ferrer
E-mail: vrossello@uib.es
Tel: 971 17 2884
Centre de Tecnologies de la Informació a la UIB

Edifici Anselm Turmeda - CTI
Ctra. Valldemossa 7.5km
Universitat de les Illes Balears

Este mensaje, y toda la información adjunta, es confidencial y puede ser de uso restringido.
Si Ud. no es uno de los destinatarios señalados, por favor informe al emisor, y borre y destruya el original y todas las copias del mensaje.
No debe copiar, reenviar y / o revelar este mensaje , total o parcialmente, sin autorización del emisor.

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you ar not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete and destroy the orginial message and all copies.
You should not copy, forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without permission of the sender.

Re: jsessionid in the url causing formatting issue

Posted by Rovi <ro...@yahoo.com>.
 <solprovider <at> apache.org> writes:

> On 1/24/06, Rovi <ro1vi-cms <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I am wondering if my Lenya (1.2.4) installation (copy of default) is
> > behaving normal or not: When I put in my URL www.domain.com, it it changes
> > http://www.domain.com/index.html;jsessionid=319jj6vkbnamd
> > So, a session ID is attached to the url. At this point I see an issue: my
home
> > page takes the CSS attributes from the 'breadcrumb' row (so if the
breadcrumb
> > color is red, the whole page becomes red). Also, the search input field and
> > button rise up and sit above the bread-crumb row.
> > Now if I click on the 'home' menu, everything becomes ok and the url
becomes
> > http://www.sapmendocino.com/index.html.
> >
> > I examined the difference in page source and see this:
> > BAD CASE:
> > div id="main"><div id="breadcrumb" /><div id="search">
> >
> > GOOD CASE:
> > div id="main"><div id="breadcrumb">
> >   »
> > Home</div><div id="search">
> >
> > So my question is what I could do to correct this behavior? Also why is
> > session id attached to the URL? Is it normal, or could this be causing the
> > issue? If I copy paste the url with session id, it always messes up;
without
> > it (if i put in www.domain.com/index.html), it is fine.
> > This is happening in my default pub also.
>
> I reproduced it.  Just block cookies from your site and refresh the
> browser without "/index.html" in the URL.
>
> The problem is that the Breadcrumb navigation is empty because the
> page is not found.  The SessionID should have be removed from the
> requestURI, and the PageEnvelope document-url, and <xsl:if
> test="descendant-or-self::nav:node[ <at> current = 'true']"> in
> breadcrumb.xsl should not see the SessionID.  There is a bug.
>
> SOLUTIONS:
> 1. Use a homepage that does not include the breadcrumb navigation.
> 2. In breadcrumb.xsl (in /lenya/xslt, either under your pub's
> directory, or /webapps) add a space to the DIV so it does not
> collapse:
> <xsl:template match="nav:site">
>     <xsl:apply-templates select="nav:node"/>
> &#160; <-- Space added to prevent DIV tag collapse -->
> </xsl:template>
>
> solprovider

Great. This solution (2) worked well! Thank you!

If you could help/clarify further:
"GET / HTTP/1.1" on http://www.mydomain.com/ does a
"HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily"
to get to http://www.mydomain.com/index.html;jsessionid=2hvu16ls6xikw
This does not sound a very clean approach to get to the index page for atleast
search engine crawling (it should rather be a 200).
I checked this post which talks to the same behavior, but no explanation or
resolution:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.lenya.user/6776/
So how can I "block cookie" from my site (as you say above)? If I do, what
would be the downside to it? How does it benefit?
Thanks!

Re: jsessionid in the url causing formatting issue

Posted by so...@apache.org.

test="descendant-or-self::nav:node[@current = 'true']"> in