Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Pascal Houde <pa...@cactuscom.ca> on 2000/01/26 19:42:10 UTC

"internal problem handling" change suggestion

When you specify the Cocoon engine to not handle errors internally
(handle.errors.internally property in the cocoon.properties) it just sends
the error code to the web server. It would be useful to send the stack trace
information as well when an exception is raised in Engine.handle(req, res)
method. This results in having a call to HttpServletResponse.sendError(int,
String) instead of the actual HttpServletResponse.sendError(int) in the
Cocoon service method.

Could that be included in the next release?
Thanks
Pascal

Re: "internal problem handling" change suggestion

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Pascal Houde wrote:

> When you specify the Cocoon engine to not handle errors internally
> (handle.errors.internally property in the cocoon.properties) it just sends
> the error code to the web server. It would be useful to send the stack trace
> information as well when an exception is raised in Engine.handle(req, res)
> method. This results in having a call to HttpServletResponse.sendError(int,
> String) instead of the actual HttpServletResponse.sendError(int) in the
> Cocoon service method.
>
> Could that be included in the next release?

Sounds good to me. +1 if you send in a patch. :)

- donald