Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Romain Quilici <r....@chem.usyd.edu.au> on 2006/09/01 07:54:47 UTC

bug in Call.invokeOneWay ?

Hi all,
I am wondering if there is not a bug in the invokeOneWay method
implementation.
Indeed, this method is supposed to throw a JAXRPCException if a problem
occurs during the invocation. According to the javadoc:

"if there is an error in the configuration of the |Call| object
(example: a non-void return type has been incorrectly specified for the
one-way call)
or if there is any error during the invocation of the one-way remote call".

However, when the remote endpoint is not reachable(server down, wrong
address, whatever), no exception is thrown !!!
It is like the call is successful, whereas my server is not even started !!!

Any hints appreciated
Regards
Romain