Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Sanders, Brian" <BS...@connextions.com> on 2009/04/21 18:32:46 UTC

SQL Server JDBC driver

I just wanted to get some feedback as to which JDBC driver anyone would
recommend to use for SQL Server.

Brian Sanders

Application Support Analyst

Connextions, Inc.

3600 eCommerce Place

Orlando, FL 32808
main:     407.926.2400

cell:        407.765.9817

bsanders@connextions.com

www.connextions.com

RE: SQL Server JDBC driver

Posted by "Sanders, Brian" <BS...@connextions.com>.
I meant in regards to OFBiz. I went ahead and used the official driver,
installed the XA and now we have a new issue. We wrote some custom code
which takes XML order data to create an order. The app gets stuck when
trying to authorize the card because AIMPaymentServices.
buildCustomerBillingInfo() is attempting to get the postal address
associated with the credit card (GenericValue address =
creditCard.getRelatedOne("PostalAddress");). While I'm not quite sure
what the issue is, I suspect that is has something to do with XA. Our
import process creates all this info, then calls the service to create
the order. It seems that it hangs when getting the postal address
because that data is in another transaction that has not been committed.
Basically, it seems that distributed transactions are not working/being
used. I found some similar posts on the internet, but no solutions. BTW,
I'm using 4.0. Thanks.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ofbiz-user/200708.mbox/%3C46CC3
BBB.2050705@salmonllc.com%3E

http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/users/2004-January/002819.html

that is best ask at the forum for the particular SQL server your are
going to use.

 Sanders, Brian sent the following on 4/21/2009 9:32 AM:

Re: SQL Server JDBC driver

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: SQL Server JDBC driver

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: SQL Server JDBC driver

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
No option to edit the message that has been sent on the mailing list.
One way traffic  ... so be careful from next time ;).

--
Ashish

RE: SQL Server JDBC driver

Posted by mayo <al...@hotmail.com>.
Sorry for the lack of details BJ.  I have started a new thread with some more
details for our issue:
http://www.nabble.com/MS-SQL-and-OFBiz%2C-database-locks-on-transactions-td23225473.html

We would really appreciate it if you could give us your thoughts.

RE: SQL Server JDBC driver

Posted by "Sanders, Brian" <BS...@connextions.com>.