Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Tom Jacopi <tj...@us.ibm.com> on 2015/08/05 19:36:51 UTC

Delete entity and update of map & array attributes coming soon?

Hi all,
  My name is Tom Jacopi, and we are evaulating using Atlas in an upcoming
project.  I downloaded the 7-20 build for v0.6, and the features look very
promising.  However, I'm not able to delete an entity (I get an http  "405
Method not allowed" when doing the http DELETE), nor am I able to update a
Map or Array attribute that is part of an entity (  Exception in thread
"main" org.apache.atlas.AtlasServiceException: Metadata service API
UPDATE_ENTITY failed with status 400(Bad Request) Response Body
({"error":"Update of ARRAY is not supported").

  Am I doing something wrong, or are these functions just not done yet?
And if they are not done....any rough ideas of when they will be available?

  Thanks in advance for your time.

tom

Re: Delete entity and update of map & array attributes coming soon?

Posted by Sandeep Samudrala <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,
Entity updates to array and map are not handled as of now. They will be
coming soon. The same is being tracked in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-47

Regards,
-sandeep