Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Burno <br...@francetelecom.com> on 2006/05/16 18:44:39 UTC

IllegalStateException: strict servlet API: cannot call getOutputStream()

Hi,

i try to deploy the latest release of MyFaces (and tomahawk) on Weblogic 8.1
sp 5 and i have this issue :
java.lang.IllegalStateException: strict servlet API: cannot call
getOutputStream() after getWriter()
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.getOutputStream(ServletResponseImpl.java:162)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:127)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
	at
simpa.web.utils.AuthorizationFilter.doFilter(AuthorizationFilter.java:58)

any idea ?

Thanks
Bruno
Sent from the My Faces - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Re: IllegalStateException: strict servlet API: cannot call getOutputStre

Posted by Burno <br...@francetelecom.com>.
Hi Mario,

Thank you but the issue still remain with MyFaces 1.1.3 and tomahawk 1.1.2

here is the stack :
[DEBUG]
DialinServlet.init(com.bea.wcp.sip.engine.server.ServletConfigImpl@1d5a7f6)
2006-05-16 23:42:19,004 INFO   DialinServlet:141 - init(): DialinServlet
initialized
[INFO] init(): DialinServlet initialized
<May 16, 2006 11:42:53 PM CEST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020>
<[ServletContext(id=24328095,name=simpa,context-path=/simpa)] Servlet failed
with Exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: strict servlet API: cannot call
getOutputStream() after getWriter()
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.getOutputStream(ServletResponseImpl.java:162)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:176)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
        at
simpa.web.utils.AuthorizationFilter.doFilter(AuthorizationFilter.java:58)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6987)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3892)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2766)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:224)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:183)

here is the extLib/
[admplat@p-billservw2 extLib]$ ls
commons-beanutils.jar    commons-lang.jar     log4j.jar
commons-codec.jar        commons-logging.jar  myfaces-api.jar
commons-collections.jar  jsf-api.jar          myfaces-impl.jar
commons-digester.jar     jsf-impl.jar         servlet-api.jar
commons-el.jar           jsp-api.jar          standard.jar
commons-fileupload.jar   jstl.jar             tomahawk.jar

Cdt

Re: IllegalStateException: strict servlet API: cannot call getOutputStream()

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Burno!
> i try to deploy the latest release of MyFaces (and tomahawk) on Weblogic 8.1
> sp 5 and i have this issue :
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: strict servlet API: cannot call

Are you sure, you use the latest tomahawk release, the ExtensionsFilter
class changed to org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter
(we provide a wrapper so you do not have to update your configuration in
first place)
but your stacktrace shows the old classname.

Before we continue investigating this stuff, please check no old myfaces
jar is there (e.g. myfaces-commons no longer exist)

Ciao,
Mario